Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV), in partnership with the Banff World Media Festival, is pleased to announce the WIFTV Banff World Media Festival Scholarship and 2011 Call for Applications.
The WIFTV Banff World Media Festival Scholarship gives one Executive or Professional member of WIFTV the invaluable opportunity to attend the Banff World Media Festival, June 12-15, 2011 at the Fairmont Banff Springs. The participant receives not only a festival pass, but also intensive pre-festival mentorship with a senior-level WIFTV mentor and a seat at WIFTV’s popular pre-festival pitching workshop in Vancouver. The recipient is responsible for all booking arrangements, and all travel and accommodations.
Applicants must have a minimum of one short film screened at an established film festival and a minimum of one feature film or TV series project in development. A selection committee composed of industry representatives will review the applications. The winner will be announced in early May.
The successful WIFTV Banff World Media Festival Scholarship recipient receives:
– one (1) complimentary all access pass to the Banff World Media Festival
– one (1) complimentary registration in the WIFTV Pitching Workshop with Mickey Rogers on May 14, 2011 at UBC Robson Square in Vancouver, and
– preparation for the Banff World Media Festival with a senior-level WIFTV mentor.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
– a WIFTV Executive or Professional member in good standing (may join at time of application)
– must have a minimum of one short film screened at an established film festival
– must have a minimum of one feature film or TV series project in development
– able to participate in pre-festival Pitching Workshop and individual mentorship session
– must complete a final report within two weeks of the scholarship completion
Applicants must be WIFTV Executive or Professional members in good standing. If you are not a current member, you may apply online and pay by credit card online or by phone before you complete your WIFTV Banff World Media Festival Scholarship submission. Click here to become a WIFTV member: http://www.womeninfilm.ca/application.html .
Applicants must complete the online submission form, and pay the $30 administration fee by credit card online or by phone (Visa or Mastercard). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Completed applications must be submitted by Thursday, April 28th, 2011 by midnight PDT.
Contact the WIFTV office for further information regarding the application process. We look forward to receiving your application!