Being a DOC member means that your issues are voiced and heard!
Being a DOC members means that you save money!
Being a DOC member means that you are part of a community!
As our sector continues to undergo significant transformations, DOC continues to rise to the challenge! Our members’ contributions allow us to be the sector’s advocate while offering topnotch professional development and networking opportunities across the country.
Join your voice to that of 800 other professionals and be heard! Here is a sample of what DOC is currently working on:
- Advocating for more documentary programming on television;
- Advocating for better production conditions through Terms of Trade as negotiated between CMPA (Canadian Media Producers Association) and broadcasters;
- Advocating for more documentary financing via the work done with CMF and other funding agencies;
- Advocating for better documentary-specific policies such as when we write to CAVCO or CRA or when we work towards a Fair Dealing toolkit for filmmakers and producers to deal with documentary production and copyright.
Our exclusive discounts and preferred rates mean you can save on:
- Insurance with our exclusive agreement with Front Row Insurance (see attached);
- Hotels with preferred rates at Toronto’s historic Gladstone Hotel and Choice Hotels franchises across the country;
- Car rentals with Alamo rent-a-car;
- Point of View Magazine which is FREE for DOC members;
- Festivals such as Hot Docs, BANFF World Media Festival, History Makers, RIDM and Doc Circuit.
And when you are a DOC member, you’re part of a community!
- Attend professional development workshops and participate in fascinating panel discussions;
- Screen other members’ films and meet the director;
- Meet commissioning editors and get insights into the broadcasting industry;
- Let loose at our networking events and Annual Party!
Becoming a DOC member is a great way to meet new friends and colleagues!
Seems too good to be true?
It isn’t if you act now! Get 50% off our regular membership price and enjoy the benefits of membership until December 31st, 2011! This is the last year we’ll be extending this rate, so don’t miss out!
Click here to join or renew and become part of the DOC community!