Deadline: Friday, October 1st
DOC BC/YT/NWT is hiring an Administrative and Communications Coordinator, to join us. Could it be you, or someone you know?
The Administrative and Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Board co-chairs, committee chairs, contract staff and partner organizations to provide support to the board and organization. This individual is responsible for assisting in the planning, coordinating, strategizing and execution of professional development workshops, social events, and various initiatives. The Administrative and Communications Coordinator is the point-person for DOC BC / YT/ NWT and facilitates the flow of information between the board, the National office, the membership, and the public. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experience, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and genders to apply.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and sociable individual who is passionate about documentary film to join us. If working for DOC BC/YT/NWT and being a part of a national documentary organization excites you, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU DO
- Arrange monthly board meetings; schedule meetings, take minutes and provide documents to board members as necessary
- Assist in the planning and execution of professional development workshops and social events
- Write monthly newsletter
- Regularly update the website
- Manage social media accounts
- Maintain all paper and electronic files related to operations
- Manage the DOC BC /YT/NWT email account and respond to inquiries.
- Explain the benefits of membership to prospective and renewing members
- Opportunities to coordinate larger professional development programs
WHAT YOU BRING
- Passion for documentary filmmaking and supporting independent creators
- Administrative experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written/comprehension)
- Proficiency in marketing via social media
- Considerable experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or Premiere, or similar design and video
editing software, are a strong asset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Eventbrite, WordPress, and Mailchimp an asset
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Collaborative and friendly team environment
- Passion for the cultural industries, and the documentary format in particular
- Gaining a greater understanding of the documentary landscape in BC and the territories, and Canada, and familiarity with partner and funding organizations
If you are passionate, committed, and dynamic – we want to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Administrative and Communications Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule.
Deadline: October 1, 2021
The Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC) is the largest professional non-profit association of independent filmmakers in the country, with more than 1,000 members across the country, and over 250 members in the DOC BC/YT/NWT Chapter. Since 1983, DOC has been the champion of independent documentary film and television in Canada.
www.docbc.org | www.docorg.ca