Notice of Annual General Meeting
Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society (VIFF)
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Vancouver International Film Centre
1181 Seymour St.
- 1. Approval of Minutes of 2010 AGM
- 2. Chairperson’s Report
- 3. Presentation of Financial Statement and Auditor’s Report
- 4. Appointment of Auditors
- 5. Nomination and Election of 3 Directors for 3-year Terms
- 6. Report on Sponsorship and Gov’t Support
- 7. Festival Director’s Report
- 8. Special Resolution re: Society Purpose
- 9. Questions and Other Business
Notice of Special Resolution: In order to broaden VIFF bylaws to better include the operation of the Vancouver International Film Centre and our commitment to celebrating both world cultures and Canadian cinema, the meeting will request support of the following motion:
“RESOLVED THAT section A, B and C of the Society’s purposes be deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
- A) to encourage understanding of the world’s cultures through the art of cinema, to foster the art of cinema, to facilitate the meeting in British Columbia of cinema professionals from around the world, and to stimulate the motion picture industry in British Columbia.
- B) to operate an annual Vancouver International Film Festival, a festive public celebration bringing to British Columbia the best in contemporary Canadian and international cinema and retrospective programs.
- C) to operate the Vancouver International Film Centre, providing the public and film community with an excellent facility for the appreciation of cinema and related art forms throughout the year.”
Please note that this exact language received unanimous support at the 2010 VIFF AGM and its approval at the 2011 AGM is a formality.
Only members of the GREATER VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL SOCIETY are entitled to vote. Please bring your 2010/2011 membership card for registration.