DOC is pleased to announce the official launch of Festival Concierge, an innovative new membership service!
Festival Concierge is an exciting initiative that responds to the needs doc makers have to disseminate their work, get their projects into the right festivals and in front of the right audiences, while increasing their market reach.
What the service offers:
– Aggregate submission to festivals
– Custom-designed festival strategy with one-on-one consultation
Aggregate Festival Submissions – Free for DOC Members!
Throughout the year, Festival Concierge will issue calls for submission to DOC members for selected festivals. Members will be able to send their projects to DOC to be included in an aggregate submission package designed to meet the programming objectives of those festivals.
Festival Concierge will:
- Ease members’ festival submission workload
- Forge alliances with domestic and international festivals on members’ behalf
- Strengthen the Canadian documentary brand abroad by becoming a go-to resource for festival programmers
Therefore, we need to know what productions are on the horizon to plan ahead. Tell us about your projects!
Here’s what we need to know from you:
- What project(s) are you working on? Please include a short synopsis!
- Is it in development, production or post-production?
- When do you anticipate having a final cut suitable for festival submission?
- What genre is it (e.g. environmental, socio-political, human interest, experimental, etc.)?
- What length and format is it in?
- Do you have a distributor on board?
- Who is the key contact?
Submit project information to the Communications and Member Services Coordinator Adèle Charlebois by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all information contained in one Word or pdf document.
All information you share with Festival Concierge staff will remain confidential.
Custom-designed Strategy and Consultation Services
This summer, Festival Concierge will offer consultation services to documentary makers to build a festival strategy and exploit festivals and markets to the benefit of individual productions.
This additional fee-for-service will match doc makers with programming consultants that will map out a festival strategy tailored to their project for the purpose of:
- Developing an action plan to make sure projects are submitted to the appropriate festivals
- Maximizing a film’s reach and presence once it is accepted
- Boosting a project’s visibility at selected festivals in Canada and abroad
Championing Canadian documentary is at the heart of DOC’s mandate; showcasing and celebrating the extraordinary and innovative work being produced here will solidify Canada’s position as a leader in the documentary craft on the world scene.
Festival Concierge is DOC’s way of making sure its members’ work finds its audience, while raising the profile of Canadian documentary the world over.