Pull Focus Film School is about to launch our winter program and we are asking our partners to help us get the word out about our school and upcoming program. Don’t miss the Open House on January 18th 2011, at 7pm.
Here’s some quick facts about us:
- We partner aspiring filmmakers with non-profit organizations that are in need of film content in order to create media for social change. Our goal is to empower citizens to build their skills by reaching out to the community for local stories while creating practical media non-profit organizations can use to advance their cause.
- Our community-based reciprocal business model entails our students making films for non-profit organizations and in return, these organizations promote our school to all of their members.
- Some of our alumni have gone on to screen (and win awards) at film festivals, expand their project into a feature films/media projects and start their own media companies all based on what they learned at Pull Focus.
- Organizations are using the media our students produced to promote their mandate online.
- Our winter program includes collaborating directly with The David Suzuki Foundation and OpenMedia.ca to create a short, animated videos to be used as a campaign tool.
We ask that you help us by:
- sending our flyer to your mailing list
- including us in your newsletter
- sharing the attached poster on Facebook/Twitter
We rely on grassroots, word-of-mouth exposure so anything you can pass along to your networks is greatly appreciated.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss this further.
Tara Mahoney, Community Outreach Coordinator
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FULL SIZE JPG (2400 x 1200, 824kb)