NORTHWEST FILMMAKERS’ FESTIVAL NOVEMBER 11-19, 2011
ENTRY DEADLINE, AUGUST 1, 2011 (POSTMARK)
Good day beloved Northwest filmmaker!
If you haven’t heard, the Northwest Film & Video Festival has changed its name to The Northwest Filmmakers’ Festival and I am looking for your best recent work for our 38th year of celebrating you. I am hoping you have something for me—or know someone who does.
The NW Filmmakers Festival only accepts work made by filmmakers living in Alaska, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington State.
If you are a permanent resident of any of these, this Festival is for you.
And it’s not just “for you” in the sense that your work is eligible.
The whole festival is actually for you.
What do I mean?
- We do not charge an entry fee.
- All entries are considered for other screening opportunities at the Northwest Film Center including the Portland International Film Festival and our Northwest Tracking series.
- All selected short films will be eligible to join the “Best of the 38th Northwest Film & Video Festival” touring program that screens at venues large and small from Alaska to Tennessee and many points in between.
- Filmmakers whose work is selected are eligible to receive Production Services Awards worth $1000 or more from regional sponsoring companies like Alpha Cine, Digital One, Modern Digital and Koerner Cameras.
- If your work is selected, you’ll get a Festival Pass for all events including the Opening Night Gala and, of course, invigorating and inspirational hours of screenings made by you and your comrades. Out of town guests will be put up in one of our sponsoring hotels.
- All filmmakers of the Northwest are invited to the Festival’s free BarCamp un-conference where attendees set the agenda and lead discussions on all aspects of filmmaking—sharing their areas of expertise with each other.
- Every filmmaker who enters eligible work is offered two free tickets to Festival screenings regardless of whether they are selected or not.
- Did I mention that we do not charge an entry fee?
The entry deadline is August 1 (postmark) but be a pal and send it along as soon as you can. I personally watch all the entries and would love to get a running start at it.
Here is a link to our NW Fest web page—it includes links to download the entry form.
Official Selections will be announced and the schedule available online at nwfilm.org by October 15.
I look forward to hearing from you and seeing your latest work.
Regional Services / Festival Manager
Presented with support from the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, The National Endowment For The Arts, The Oregon Cultural Trust, Weiden + Kennedy, LAIKA and many others.