JOIN OUR TEAM!
DOC BC is currently seeking a part-time Administrative & Communications Coordinator to support the Board of Directors and regional members. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to coordinate the smooth operation of the chapter by providing administrative and communications services. The position is the point-person for DOC BC, and facilitates the flow of information between the board, the National office, the membership and the general public.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage the DOC BC email account and respond to inquiries
- Explain the benefits of membership to prospective and renewing members
- Update regularly the DOC BC website
- Manage DOC BC’s social media accounts
- Write the bi-weekly DOC BC newsletter
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of various DOC BC initiatives
- Assist with DOC monthly board meetings; schedule meetings, take minutes and provide documents to board members as necessary
- Maintain all paper and electronic files related to DOC BC’s operations
- Assist in the planning and execution of professional development workshops and social events
- Other administrative tasks, as needed
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- Passion for documentary filmmaking and supporting independent creators
- 2+ years’ of administrative experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written/comprehension)
- Proficiency in marketing via social media
- Considerable experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or Premiere, or similar design and video editing software, are a strong asset
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Eventbrite, WordPress, and Mailchimp an asset
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Collaborative and friendly team environment
- Passion for the cultural industries in general, and the documentary format in particular
- Gaining a greater understanding of the documentary landscape in BC and Canada
If you are passionate, committed and dynamic – we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Administrative & Communications Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a part-time position of 8 hours per week ($21/hr) with a flexible schedule.
Deadline: Friday, November 17 at 5:00 PM PST. Expected start time December 1st, 2017.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
About DOC BC
The Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC) is the largest professional non-profit association of independent filmmakers in the country, with more than 850 members across the country and over 130 members in the BC Chapter. Since 1983, DOC (formerly called the CIFC/Canadian Independent Film Caucus) – has been the champion of independent documentary film and television in Canada.