FILM & MEDIA SHOWCASE
A collaboration between WIFTV, Cineworks and DOC BC, the FILM AND MEDIA SHOWCASE is a monthly member screening featuring works by members of the three organizations. Taking place in Cineworks Studio at 1131 Howe Street, the showcase will be held on the last Wednesday evening of each month from 7-10pm.
Each screening will include works by members of each organization followed by a question and answer session with the creators, and time for networking. This initiative will provide working filmmakers an opportunity to share their creations with other practitioners, across genres and in a variety of lengths, in a forum created for discovery, discussion and inspiration.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Members of more than one organization may submit through only one of their organizations.
- To be eligible to submit through DOC BC, you must be a member of DOC BC at the time of submission and at the time of the screening, and you must be available to attend the screening and to participate in a Q&A session.
- All genres and lengths are accepted
- Monthly screenings held on the third Wednesday of each month. Organizations will alternative between screening shorts and features.
How to submit you work:
- Please submit your works to email@example.com and write “Film and Media Showcase Submission” in the subject line
- You may submit more than one project
- Please provide a synopsis, description of your theme and an online screener with option to download
- Preferred screening formats: DVD, Blu-Ray or H.264 1080p file (.mp4, .mov or .avi)
- Selections will be based upon running time and may also be influenced by theme or genre, determined by the feature work in the program. For example, if the feature selected for that month is a horror, the short films selected may also be horror.
- If there are more submissions than meet the timing and theme criteria, works will be selected randomly, i.e., titles will be drawn from a hat.
- If your work is not selected for one of the upcoming four screenings, we will hold on to your submission for the next round of member Showcase screenings.
Thank you for your submissions!