The Art and Opportunity of Audio Documentaries
CBC: The Doc Project – Mentorship Program
- The Doc Project’s mentorship program is open to CBC producers and active audio freelancers who already have a connection to the CBC.
- Successful applicants are paid a premium CMG rate. The production schedule is arranged between the mentee and their mentor, and ideally docs are completed within 4 months after they are green lit.
- Next deadline is Feb 1, 2017!
- In addition to the mentorship program, The Doc Project accepts pitches for original doc commissions or acquisitions from advanced audio producers. All those details can be found here.
- Resources for documentary makers including CBC Radio’s ‘Unofficial Doc Pitch Guide’
- Doc Project blog: features lots of good resources, including:
- So you want to make the move to producing radio: Lessons on how to make the jump from video to radio
- Four smartphone tricks that every audio producer should know: On how to use your cell phone to record
- How to find a local story
- Land your next doc pitch by making focus your friend
- To learn more, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org